Your guide to production in Asia
Insider knowledge, essential details, and first-hand tips on filming in Asia.
Filmed in Asia
- Air America was filmed in some pretty amazing Thailand locations.
- Apocalypse Now was filmed in and around Manila, Philippines.
- The Beach was filmed in Bangkok’s Khao San Road, Khao Yai National Park, Krabi, Phuket and Ko Phi Phi Leh.
- Good Morning Vietnam was filmed in Bangkok and Phuket Thailand.
- The Killing Fields was filmed in Bangkok, Phuket and Hua Hin, Thailand.
- The Man With the Golden Gun was filmed in Thailand on an island in Phang Nga Province – specifically, Ko Tapu, which is still called ‘James Bond Island’ today. They also filmed in Bangkok and Phuket.
- Platoon was filmed in the Philippines, on the northern island of Luzon.
- The Quiet American the 1958 version was filmed in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) and the 2002 version was filmed in Da Nang, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Hoi An and Ninh Binh.
- Tomb Raider filmed at Cambodia’s Angkor Wat and around Angkor Thom, Bayon, and Ta Phrom.
- Tomorrow Never Dies was filmed in Bangkok, Thailand.
- The Hangover 2 was filmed around Bangkok and down in Krabi province, Thailand.
Do you know of any major films shot in Asia that should be included on this list? Let us know!